Monday, November 17, 2008

I'm Back on the Road

This will be short and sweet since dinner is on the grill and Baby will be up soon. I just had to post because I am very happy to report that I had the opportunity to run this morning. Granted, 5 1/2 weeks post partum it was only a little over 2 miles with only the first of those miles being non-stop and at about a 15 minute pace, but I got to run!!! And, I was able to run with very little pain. My right glute hurt for about 4 blocks then tapered off, after that I was fine, just rusty and slow. The biggest annoyance was my leaky bladder that no one seems to ever talk about when they talk about pregnancy...Keegles, Keegles, Keegles.

4 comments:

Vianne said...

Good on you, my friend. Welcome back. That leaky bladder thing can be quite annoying. It should get better. I experienced that same challenge during the race down the mountain. I think it was just the pounding, and fast pace because I have never had any problem with a leaky bladder while running. Sneazing, occasionally, running no.

E said...

Welcome to our world! Everything leaks after you have a baby: boobs, bladder, sweat, even my nose and eyes started in from allergies! I felt like I should just roll myself up in one big pad.

Maybe one of these days I'll get well enough to get back on the wagon and have something to post.

Angie said...

Wow! Three cheers for you!!! Johnny is 8 months old now and I've yet to even look at gym. We even had a beautiful summer and I all have to show for it is a dusty jogging stroller :( Boo for me!

Although, I never had a leaky bladder, something does click in my hip area when I run up the stairs. That's new for me after this last baby. And yes, Keegles make a WORLD of difference.

vanilla143 said...

Hello Ladies,
I am wondering if any of you have some good ideas of good running gear in the event of a very cold place. Thank you for any ideas. ~De'Dee Brown