What a beautiful day for a run! Usually, I meet my running partner at 7AM on Sunday for 10 miles. This week he is in the field, so I am on my own. The good news is I don't have to get up early and it is cooler now, so I can run later in the day. The bad news is I have to run 10 miles alone. I procrastinated all morning. I finally got fed up with myself and got ready to go.
That's when I decided to talk Tanner into running with me for the first 3. We had a great time together and we had a chance to talk about some things that we have been putting off, like dad and Ian leaving soon. Funny how you can say things while running that you might not at home. Maybe it is just the lack of distractions. Anyway, he had no problem with 3 miles and his pace was easily compatible. I think we will do this more often.
I dropped Tanner at the house and ran down to my running partner's house to pick up his dog, Gracie. She is a Border Collie and she loves to run. I promised my partner that I would run her when he deploys, so since he is in the field I thought we might as well give it a shot now. His wife was thrilled that I could take her. Gracie gets frustrated when she doesn't get to go and her dad has been gone for a while now. She was very easy to run with so we did 5 miles before I took her home.
Finally, I picked up Piper, my Jack Russell (female) for a final 3 miles. Obie (male) really wants to go, but the truth is he doesn't run well, gets distracted and gives up about 2 miles in. Tanner took him for a walk instead. Piper loves to run. She kept looking up at me with this silly dog grin, ears flying and feet prancing. It was such a pretty day and the temperature was perfect. I understood exactly how she felt. I did 11.5 miles instead of 10.
Got anyone you need me to run?
Sunday, November 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh, Happy Dogs...
Thanks for putting a smile on my face this Monday morning. Now I need to get out and run Maya...
My always energy-packed golden, Lucy!
Post a Comment