My workout journal, the Ultimate Workout Log by Suzanne Schlosberg, (which I love) has you rate each day, 1-5. That number goes on a chart and at the end of the week you rate your week (at a glance you can see the whole picture, etc). Now that I am in the middle of training with less than 7 weeks to go for summer event #1, one of my weekly goals is to have weekly rating of 4. So I went back through the first 14 weeks I kept log to see what made up a number four and had to laugh... whoa, a 4 back then is definitely not a four these days. I would now give those workouts a 2-2.5. I am always conservative with numbers, but was very glad to see I have been making significant progress.
Yesterday was my first 5! I did a leg weight routine, followed by 40 minutes of intervals on the stepmill, 10 sets of 12 burpees/suicides/dropouts (whatever you wish call them), then set out for a 60 mile bike ride of hills. It was also my third day in row that I made it outside for a ride, (yeah, but now we are back to more winter, boo) and my body today feels like it did a 5 yesterday.
I look forward to seeing at the end of the summer, before my planned half ironman, was makes up a 5.
Thursday, March 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
What is a burpee/suicide/dropout? The only "suicides" I've heard of are running back and forth on a basketball court, but I don't think that's what you're doing.
I'm tired just from reading about your workout!
From standing, drop to the floor, both feet jump back behind you so you are in the push up position, do a push-up, jump both feet together back to your hands, stand up (some will add a jump here but I don't), one rep done, repeat as needed.
If you do enough of them they will rock your inner core and lower abs like never before (I did them for an hour once in a sports conditioning class...thought I was coming down with the flu, turns out it was just my abs had never felt so tight).
Post a Comment