I already posted that I had a great run on Tuesday. Today, I went out for 7 miles. It is a beautiful day. It is warm enough for shorts and a T-shirt. I decided I would just take it easy and enjoy the day. My first mile was 8 minutes, flat. Mile 2 was a 7:28. Whoa, I need to slow down. But, I didn't feel like I was working at all. Mile 3 was 7:30. So much for slowing down. Mile 4 - 7:26; mile 5 - 7:15; mile 6 - 7:12 and I brought it home with a 7:09 for mile 7. I honestly do not feel like I had a hard run. I didn't even feel the need to cool down before coming in the house. I wish I had out my heart rate monitor on, but I would be willing to bet that my heart rate was in the 150's. One more week of rest and I will be stomping my feet to race. I can taste that 3:30!
Sorry to toot my own horn.
Thursday, March 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Keep tooting your horn ~ & I'll join in. I'm glad you're feeling so good and running so well. I'm looking forward to reading about your post-race wrap up. Best of luck for a 3:30!!!!
Glad you can feel the benefits of resting--makes it easier to tolerate those days off. You'll do great!
Hey V!!
I have been attending a new Zumba class( I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!) Anyway, on saturday my arches in my feet started KILLING ME!! After every song I said I was going to quit because it hurt so bad, but I didn't.
So my question to you is what shoe do you suggest? I need a good aerobic/ dance shoe.
Any suggestions??
Thanks,
Roxxi
Post a Comment