Thursday, July 19, 2007

Still Running

I have not fallen off the earth. Summer came screamin upon us, it seems like the whole post PCSed, V left, I went on vacation, then home for a week and then to Pennsylvania on Emergency leave (terminally ill relative, nothing unexpected). The most surprising thing is that through all of this I have been running. It is very cool to look at your Garmin downloads to see all the places you have run. The thing that is motivating me now is the Dublin Marathon on 29 OCT. It is getting closer and I need the miles. I have been training with a friend who is NOT a runner (this is from me who is not a runnerJ) She runs a bit slower than I. So in order to get my beer drinking benefits I run a few miles (as in no more than 3) in the morning by myself and then run whatever our training schedule dictates with her in the afternoon. Running in the afternoon has forced me to run when it is WAY hot. It is hot here and it was HOT in PA. However, it is not grey so I deal with the heat and sleep in the basement.

4 of us from the Education Center are going to run in a 10km in Dietfurt (town down the road from Hohenfels). I missed the box run cause I was out of town. I am looking for a half marathon for next month. The Ed center gang needs one of those for our training. Of course with all training the biggest thing is to keep everyone healthy

I ran a Vienna in June. It was the best race I have ever run in. Informational next year’s Osterreichischer Frauenlauf, 18 May 2008.

E-Those slogans are hilarious. “The tortoise had more fun!” was my submission. I also liked the one that won last month “Your pace or mine”.

Bodyglide is great. I use the one with sunscreen on my arms and the plain for feet and other rash susceptible places.
Running skirt- I have one, don’t like to run in it. It makes me hot and I feel like I have a lot of extra fabric swishing around. I just wear it around town.

V- I miss ya. You would be surprised at all the running that is going on

I cannot guarantee that I will be a regular contributor. However, I do pop in and read about ya’ll. Keep up the good work the Ten Miler is right around the corner.

No comments: