Did you guys watch the women's marathon? Unreal. Dita blew the others away and at age 38! There's hope for me yet. Ha! How do they still have something left to run a victory lap? I started to wonder if she knew she could quit running! I just can't fathom a 5:25 mile, let alone 26.2 of them. I couldn't even run that pace for a quarter mile.
And Dara Torres in the pool? She's like 41 or something isn't she? These "old" ladies are really impressive. I love the Olympics!
Sunday, August 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Yeah, I watched them both and I am loving it!!! These ladies are beating women/girls over half their age. It's awesome. Just makes me wonder why we don't have more "older" female athletes. V, I think you need to start training for the Olympic Marathon! I will come to London to support you!
Yep, wasn't that just amazing! I watched most of it with Joe who kept giving me play by play (I guess I should say, run by run)updates when every I had to walk out of the room.
I have LOVED the "older" peeps at the olympics this time around. There was one guy on the swimming relay (the amazing one!) that was 38 too! And a german gymnast who is 33 won a medal in vaulting...! But, the marathon - that was the best. I was so proud of her!
Post a Comment