Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Running Without A Clue

A few weeks ago, I noticed that I was running every run too fast. I'm not sure what my motivation was. I think I have been training for something specific for so long that me and my Garmin were in constant competition. So, for the last week and a half, I have been running without anything to measure myself. No Garmin, no watch. I don't even look at the time when I leave the house. I know all my mile markers through the neighborhoods, so I do know how far I am running. It has been good for me. I still run at a good pace, but I don't torture myself with comparing every mile. If the wind is up, I don't push through it. If I hit an intersection with traffic, oh well, I stop and rest a minute. It has been very freeing to just run. I have no idea if I did better than last time.

Yoga update: I CAN TOUCH MY TOES! I am still not very good at this thing, but I have made definite improvement and I will continue when we move to Texas.

My strength training is improving as well. I was able to do 3 sets of chin ups this week, 10, 7 and 5 and I moved up to the 35lb dumbbells for my incline press.

How is your week?

1 comment:

Rachel said...

It's tapper month...I mean week. lol! The good news is that I only gained 3 pounds and still have the hallow of my cheeks, for it was three pounds of chocolate added directly to my thighs. So as long as no one looks down I look slightly intimidating...until they see me swim, ride and run :)

My start swim time is 5 minutes 30 seconds so it will be interesting to see where that puts me in the line up (our bib numers are assigned according).

The weather forecast for Saturday... low that morning of 29, high that day of 42, so about 34 with snow showers/drizzle and windy. At least I no longer am worried about doing good. I am a weather wussy so just finishing will be okay with me.

I do have to finish though, the cake has been ordered. I forwent a Birthday cake this year (the big -3-0- on the 20th) and decided to get a post TRI cake that will read Just Gotta TRI... yummy, I LOVE chocolate birthday cake.