Sunday, March 15, 2009

What is a Mid-Long Run?

So Pete says that I shouldn't run more than 10-12, since I am supposed to be tapering. You can't really taper if you haven't done the training. I feel the need to do at least 20-22. I haven't really run long in more than two weeks. Three weeks ago, I did 18 or so. I really can't remember. Then, I raced the half. Last week, we were at the off site and I didn't run at all. I have done 20, but it has been several weeks ago.

So, today I did 18 in 2 1/2 hours. Not bad. A little wind. I felt good. I could have done more. Good for confidence. It's as good as it will get. I am a bit sore tonight, but I can tell already that I will be fine tomorrow. That's good since I will be on 2 airplanes and a 2 hour car ride.

Wish me luck.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

If I did 18 miles in 2 1/2 hours, I would fall over dead from the shock of the accomplishment!! You will do great - have fun at the beach. I did a spin class today, give me 10 miles running any day over that.

Rachel said...

Good Luck tomorrow V!

Billie said...

Second the good luck! Can't wait to hear how it goes. Hopefully you get better weather this year and it looks like you should!