Before I forget--did you run your race Christy? How did it go?
I got some new motivation after watching The Biggest Loser this week. Did you see it? They ran a half-marathon as their challenge. I don't care what their times were--if they could do it at 200+ pounds, I can do it. No excuses anymore!
And I think I found my race. It's the Disney World Marathon and Half-Marathon. I'm eyeing the half and it's on Jan 9, 2010, a Saturday (I double-checked--no screw-ups this time!). $120 for registration and it's open now. I was planning on vacationing there this exact week anyway, so what timing! And what could be more fun (i.e. lots of distractions) than running through the Magic Kingdom, even through Cinderella's castle, around Epcot and through Animal Kingdom?
I'm soooo doing this! No excuses, especially if we'll already be there! Now if I can just get over the 5:50 a.m. start time!
Friday, March 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I firmly believe now that anyone can do it. I started running at the end of Sept. and could barely make it a block. And I did the El Paso 1/2 a few weeks ago. The time wasn't great but my original goal was just to finish, which I did. Now I have a new goal to work toward. Have fun training and enjoy the time to yourself!
I decided against the run. I REALLY wanted to do it however; baby-time was not on my side. Registration was at 8:30am and busses began taking folks to the start point at 9:30am for a 10:30am start. In giving myself an hour and a quarter to finish and factoring in travel time it was simply too long away this year.
You see, I am nursing and made the mistake of not being persistent with her bottle use. Now I am paying the price. I cannot leave her for more than 3 hours MAX, unless it is with my mother-in-law who has the patience of a saint with her. (And, she forces the bottle.) Unfortunately, it wasn't in the budget to fly her in for the weekend.
I know that I could have done it too, because I went for a five- mile run on Sunday and felt great. So, I am planning on running next year. There is a 10K and a half-marathon. Do you want to come run with me? It will be the Saturday before St. Patrick's Day 2010.
I hear you. M. never would take a bottle, not even after he weaned himself at 10 months--went straight to a sippy cup. And even though I could leave A. and R. for longer, it got so uncomfortable not to be emptied on time that I rarely did it. Not to mention running with a big bust was not fun for me, nor the threat of having milk stains down the front of my shirt! There will be plenty of time for races later!
I'll keep St. Patty's day in mind!
To make the fact that I didn't run a little worse. I saw a friend of mine, who I did not know was running, in the grocery store on Friday and she was wearing the race "t-shirt" and it was SUPER cute. I put t-shirt in quotes because it was actually an oatmeal colored long-sleeved waffel weave shirt with very simple olive green print. The shirt better be just as cute next year!
Wow, that is the perfect week to go to Disney! I am ready to go back without the crowds. It wasn't bad, but would love to go with less people there. We had so much fun! Maybe I can save up and talk Ryan into the race.
Would you give me registration details?
Post a Comment