I ran my 5K this morning and it was the most fun I've had on a run! That's because it's the first race I've done with friends. Since Saturday is usually my rest day, I figured I'd go slow. One of my friends wanted to do it too, but she didn't want to go alone and she didn't think she could run the whole thing. So I decided it would be more fun to stick with her than go faster and be alone. I told her I'd help her along and go "Jillian" on her if she wanted me to!
I am so proud of her and I had a great time being her pacer! She ran the whole time and didn't cuss me out at the end! She says she can't walk now, but between my pep talks and her stubbornness, she didn't quit. Nothing fast, finished in 35 minutes, but somehow I feel more gratified by this one than by my 30-minute one I did while pregnant.
The best part for me was that I was totally focused on her and our pace. I didn't think a bit about how I felt. We kicked it at the end and I felt like I could go another 3 miles. That is a big eye-opener for me. Now I know that everytime I want to quit on my training runs it's all mental and not physical.
I apparently didn't scare her off since she wants to come along with me on Monday on my 4.5-miler. I think I've also got two other ladies who will join me once school's out (our kindergarten schedules don't mesh). I've never been part of a running group. I'm so excited!
Saturday, May 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That's really awesome you were there for her!
I find that runs are so much easier when I have another person along for the ride. I focus on them, on us helping each other get through it I don't think about how tired I am or how I want to be done already.
Great job!
Billie,I saw your comment on my sweet savanna about the link to the botanical prints. The blog is the vintage moth. She shares lots of copyright free pics. Click on Botanicals. I don’t know if you know this; when you choose a pic, left click on it, it will now have more pixels and you can save it to your picture program, print it from there. I printed them in 8x10 on white card stock a few weeks ago. Beautiful. http://www.thevintagemoth.blogspot.com/
I love fun runs!! thanks for your comment, Billie on my blog! It is always nice to hear what other experiences are!
Post a Comment